A closer look to the amazing The Butterfly luxury suites and interiors.
Situated in the intersection of Burrard and Nelson Streets, The Butterfly creates a gateway into Vancouver’s West End, efficiently changing from the primarily commercial nature of the Downtown District into one of the most comfortable residential neighbourhoods.
The Butterfly tower shape refers to the historical use of this place by taking on the form of a group of abstracted church organ pipes.
The West End has the rich landscape traditions, trees and gardens play a vital role in the project design, surrounding the podium and extending up the tower.
The top of the tower will have green spaces and landscaping, that will create a popular vantage point in the city skyline. A wide, two-lane swimming pool and gym will be built on the third floor of the tower.
The proposed development will include the following approximate gross areas
- 80,000 square feet of community uses, social programs and church activities;
- 50,000 square feet of rental housing including affordable and senior’s housing;
- 460,000 square feet of market condominiums, comprising approximately 294 units, ranging from 1 bedroom to large 3 bedroom and den unit types;
- 1-3 bedroom homes, 6 sub penthouses, 2 penthouses;
- Homes from 612 sq/ft to 5,163 sq/ft;
- Maintenance fees estimated at $0.65/sqft;
- 3,300 square feet of commercial retail space (CRU) at the ground level of the condo tower and heritage building;
- Six stories of underground parkade and mezzanine, comprising approximately 497 total parking stalls.
Unit Features and Amenities
- Custom designed home interiors, curated by Bing Thom Architects;
- Each floor will have an exterior patio (the “breezeway”) as opposed to a regular corridor featuring custom gardens every third floor;
- Large-scale matte white floors throughout all living areas;
- Exterior walls lined with honed white precast concrete walls with terrazzo finish interior;
- Bent glass wall separation between living room and second bedroom;
- Italian custom-designed kitchen island, tastefully shaped with eucalyptus wood base;
- Countertops, sinks and backsplashes finished in white matte solid surface;
- Designer cabinetry, soft-closing drawers and doors with wood-reveal interiors;
- Vast floor-to-ceiling windows that wrap around letting in tons of natural light and large balconies provide extra space for outdoor living;
- Luxury faucets finished as accent pieces in brushed brass (Gold) or brushed silver;
- European kitchen appliance package.
This short film shows the process of conceptualizing and designing the Vancouver-based “Butterfly” building through the expressions of Westbank founder Ian Gillespie and the architectural team from Bing Thom Architects.
Need more information about The Butterfly condos or penthouses? Book a Free Consultation with one of Nest Presales New Construction Expert!
Realtor is not a direct representative of Westbank. Westbank is not liable for any modification or misrepresentation of the product offering. Dimensions, sizes, specifications, layouts and materials are approximate only and subject to change without notice. Interior square footage is combined with balcony square footage and included in total advertised square footage of the homes. Exterior walls and glazing, balcony configurations, fascia, guardrails, screens and facade panel locations are approximate and vary in area and extent depending on the home. Actual views may vary. Views are approximately estimated and cannot be solely relied upon. Please ask a sales representative for details. This is not an offering for sale. Any such offering can only be made by way of disclosure statement. E. & O. E